Joy Fellowship is the fellowship activity of Senior Adult Ministries. One of the core values of our church is that we support and encourage each other (Fellowship). All activities are open to any Senior Adult in the church.
JOY Fellowship meets monthly (the third Tuesday of each month) in the MPAC center at 12:00 noon. The last couple of months we have had nearly 150 people in attendance! Following an incredible pot-luck luncheon we just have a good time together. A program may include an informative speaker, a musical presentation, or some fun activity.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, March 18, at 12:00 noon in the MPAC building at the Downtown Campus. All senior adults are invited to prepare their favorite dish and join us for a fun time of food and fellowship!
JOY Fellowship also plans and conducts many social and travel opportunities. Upcoming activities include:
- October 2: Lake Lure and the surrounding areas
- October 21- JOY Fellowship- 12:00 noon, MPAC building, Downtown Campus; Our monthly senior adult fellowship; All senior adults are invited to bring their favorite dish and join us for a wonderful time of food and fellowship! Our guest speaker will be Michael Cogdill from WYFF4; We will also provide flu shots at this meeting, so please plan to come a little early if you want to get your flu shot
- October 21: Knitting (Mission Project) - 10:00am, Hospitality Room, Downtown Campus; We are resuming our knitting group to make caps for foster children sponsored through our church, Venice Girls' Home, and the Hidden Creek Trailer Park. If you have never knitted before, just come and we will teach you. You will need size 7 or 8 needles. Yarn is available in the Church Office.
- November 6- Game Day- 1:00pm, Hospitality Room, Downtown Campus; Bring a snack and join us for a fun time of playing games!
- December 4-5: Christmas at The Cove
- December 9: Newberry Opera House for the show "Home for the Holidays"
For information on any travel or other special activities, contact June Elsey at 289-0996 or Julia Meeks at 967-9715.